Paperless processing! Help us reduce waste!
Teton Conservation District (TCD) provides cost-share assistance to private landowners to help control invasive species in Teton County, WY. TCD will reimburse participants for the cost of treating invasive species (excluding the cost of herbicides) up to 25% for the initial year of enrollment and 30% in subsequent years with uninterrupted successful participation. Reimbursements are available for costs of up to $150/acre (reimbursement total of $37.50 to $45.00/acre). Teton County Weed & Pest (TCWP) will perform all landowner correspondence, property visits, creation of invasive species maps, and invasive species management plans.
Items Eligible for Cost-share Funds –
- Hiring a commercial applicator or caretaker (any compensated applicator must have a valid Wyoming Commercial Applicator’s License).
- Businesses charge various rates for different services they provide, TCD will reimburse from a total charge of $150/acre (total actual reimbursement of $37.50 (25%) to $45.00 (30%)/acre for subsequent years of uninterrupted participation).
- Reimbursement for landowner’s time spent treating weeds on their property
- Landowners will be reimbursed (25% for the first year and 30% for subsequent years) at a pre-determined rate depending on the method of treatment (mechanical $25/hr, backpack spray $35/hr, truck/atv $45/hr). The above cost and reimbursement limits apply. Recordkeeping form must be completed.
Program Requirements –
Applicants agree to a consultation performed by TCWP, where TCWP will map the location of invasive species on the property. The applicant is responsible for treating invasive species according to the recommendations given at the consultation and stated in the property’s invasive species management plan.
- Only the treatment of weeds designated as “noxious/invasive” by Teton County, WY will be eligible for cost-share (see list of approved species attached).
- Applicant gives permission for the release of maps, invasive species management plans, and inspection forms to their commercial applicators (if they have one). This improves communication with and performance by the applicator. Applicant also consents to data collection and allows for TCWP and TCD to utilize data collected for program purposes where appropriate.
- All applicants MUST submit proper documentation once their treatment is complete (no later than 5:00pm MST on October 19th, 2016).
- Paperwork required for reimbursement: signed request for reimbursement form, invoices, work orders, and/or work documentation (recordkeeping forms). Please complete all forms to ensure full reimbursement. All forms are available online at www.tcweed.org.
- All applicants will receive a follow-up visit by TCWP after treatment is complete and paperwork is turned in. Submit completed paperwork as soon as treatment is completed for the season to ensure quick reimbursement. Submission of the request for reimbursement form serves as written permission for TCWP and TCD to enter the property for follow-up purposes.
The deadline for 2016 has passed however we are accepting applications for 2017!
Invasive Species Cost Share Application
Important Dates –
- Applications will be accepted from May 1st, 2016 through August 17th, 2016.
- Commercial applicator completed reimbursement forms must be received by Teton County Weed and Pest by October 1st, 2016 (unless previously arranged).
- Landowner completed reimbursement forms must be received by Teton County Weed and Pest by October 19th, 2016 (no exceptions).